Current Size: 100%
Development of Border Roads in NER by D/O Border Management
(as on February, 2012)
Government has identified strategically important roads for development along the India's international border. A summary of the developments in NER follows:
1. Indo-Bangladesh Border
Roads on Indo-Bangladesh Border – undertaken in two phases.
- Phase-I - 2866 km sanctioned, 92% completed and remaining non-feasible
- Phase-II - 1559 km sanctioned, 62% completed
- Total length in North East (Assam, Meghalaya, Tripura, Mizoram) – 2656.11 km
- Completed – 1988.63 km (75%) in NER
2. Indo-China Border
- Arunachal Pradesh – 27 roads, Sikkim- 6 roads.
- ITBP is constructing 8 stretches in Arunachal Pradesh (5 roads -271.04 km) and Sikkim (3 roads – 103 km). Work is ongoing with 5 roads almost being completed upto 60%.
- BRO is constructing 15 stretches in Arunachal Pradesh (13 roads -1326.77 km) and Sikkim (2 roads – 47.28 km). Probable year of completion - 2016.
- BRO has completed 10 stretches in Arunachal Pradesh.
3. Indo-Bhutan Roads
- Assam – 16 roads, 313 km, estimated cost – Rs.1259 crore. Implementing Agency – Assam PWD.
- Work will be completed by April, 2016.
4. Indo-Myanmar Roads
It is proposed to construct following roads and other facilities on the Indo-Myanmar border which is exclusively in NER:
- Roads 4585 km
- Helipads 113
- Heli-base 2
Phase-I (2012-18) will involve construction of 1417 km roads, 56 helipads and two heli-bases at a cost of Rs.3302 crore. Inter-Ministerial Consultations are going on.
5. PM's Package Roads in Arunachal Pradesh (31.1.2008)
- Implementing Agency – BRO
|Sl.No.||Road||Length (KM)||Appx Cost (in cr.)||Proposed Year of Completion|
Digaru-Hawai (Hawai-Hawa Camp road including spur to Tezu from Digaru)
Trans Arunachal Highway (Tawang-Nechiphu)
Pasighat-Mahadevpur (Pasighat to Bomjur, Meka to Digaru & Chowkham to Namsai)